Join us for this insightful 40 day meditation. Please start at any time. We will wrap up the meditation at Dharma Temple on Aug 13th. As our teacher Guru Singh will be visiting to teach.
Recording for the meditation can be found on Spotify or iTunes.
Ek Ong Kar – Guru Singh Experience
Long Ek Ong Kar aka Adi Shakti Mantra
Sit in an Easy Pose with jalandhar bandh (neck lock: gently lifting sternum while tucking chin).
Have the hands in Gyan Mudra, or resting in Buddha Mudra in the lap. Maintain a strong Neck Lock
(jalandhar bandh). Neck lock is important here. If you’re uncertain how to do it, email us!
IK ONG KAR
SAT NAAM SIREE
One Creator. One vibration. In All Creation. Everywhere.
Whose Name is Truth. And I Am that Truth. My True Identity is Infinite.
Infinite Wisdom, beyond description
I bow to this aspect of my being that leads
me from darkness (ignorance of Self) into.
Light (True Knowledge of My Infinite Self)
Chant this mantra, in a 2-1/2 breath cycle, in the following manner:
- Inhale deeply and as you pull in the naveland chant IK.
- Then ONG KAAR is drawn out. Give equal time to Ong and Kaar. Inhale deeply.
- Pull in the navel, chant SAT. Then NAAM is drawn out.
- Then, just as you get to the end of the breath, add aquick SIRI (like plucking a string).
- Inhale half a breath, Pull in the navel, chant WHA!. Then HAY GUROO (HAY should be relatively short, GUROO is pronounced G’ROO and is drawn out, but not too long.)
- The Ong Kaar and Naam Siree are equal in length. The Wha-hay Guroo is equal in length to Ong. Try not to let the pitch fall.
This can be done for as little as 3, 7 or 11 minutes.
For a powerful experience of this meditation, do 31 minutes, or 2-1/2 hours. Let the sound resonate in the upper cavity of the head, by closing the back of the throat and vibrating the upper palate, and allowing the sound to come through the nose. (See video for further instructions)
“All mantras are good, and are for the awakening of the Divine. But this mantra is effective, and is the mantra for this time. It has eight levers, and can open the lock of the time, which is also of the vibration of eight. Therefore, when this mantra is sung with the Neck Lock, at the point where prana and apana meet in sushmuna, this vibration opens the lock, and thus one becomes one with the Divine.”
This mantra initiates the kundalini, initiating the relationship between the soul and the Universal Soul. It also balances all of the chakras.